Sesame syrup pt 3
The monsters eye widen and is now growling profanities, I grab the door handle as I have a 5 second head start before he lunges his whole body towards me.
All I see is survival as the rage within my body carries me down the stairs, footsteps stomp behind me catching up to the back off my feet. My life is on the line, one mistake is the death penalty. As planned I knock one of the candles over it burns out while hot wax hardens on the dark oak panelled stairs, he slips. I have a few more seconds to get as far away as possible. Practically sliding down the rest of the stairs I am finally met with the hallway to my freedom.
On the way in I saw the keys on the counter by the door, without wasting a precious second I grab them and fiddle them within my sweaty hands and they slip out on the floor before they reach the door. "NO!" I scream. I drop down instantly to pick them up. He's reached the bottom of the stairs. His eyes on me like a prey that is about to escape through his fingers. I keep reminding myself I will. Huffing, as he runs a hand through his hair, it reveals his agitated face, if I wasn't escaping death I'd be amused at the
Sliding the key through the lock and being hit with the fresh air is how I imagine a bear feels when it finally wakes up after hibernation. I feel a firm calloused hand grab the back of my hair, using all it's strength to hold me back and drag me deeper to the pits of hell. Not today. With all my strength and that of all the women who have been through the same thing I stomp down on his foot, cracking his toenail.
He staggers back in pain and lets go of his fistful of my hair. I don't hesitate to inspect the chunk that is missing, I just keep running and running, no matter the pain in my feet and arms. The stich developing in my side gets ignored. His screams get fainter and fainter as I run into the field directly in front of the house I run deeper into the woodland and his final call is "NO WHERE YOU GO WILL KEEP YOU SAFE FROM ME AUDBREY, I WILL FIND YOU AND MAKE YOU PAY" It's a war cry from deep down from his chest. What I have done is irreversible but is not something I will ever regret.
Never look back. That's what I was taught, keep going forward, looking back is a liability. Clutching the bag closer to me I decide to take the book out and ditch the bag near a tree. Just in case he heals up and goes looking for me. I need to redirect his scent.
That is how I ended up in this situation. With the book in my scabbed hands unveiling the confession written within.
I perch down near a fallen tree, the leaves cushion me as I nestle in to rest my head against the bark, I can see the sunset peaking through the branches. Painting the whole sky in a purple and pink hue, luckily there is some light left for me to be able to read. Finally I open the book to find some off the pages have been scribbled on. Why did I think he would make it easy? The writing is illegible and I have to analyse each and every word to even attempt to grasp what happened.
Comments
Post a Comment